If for some reason, you no longer wish to receive these e-mails please accept our apologies and respond to this message with REMOVE in the subject line and we will remove your name from the mailing list.
Citizens Association for Responsible Gun Ownership = CARGO
Hello Fellow CARGO Members,
The next meeting will be held at Napoli’s on Thursday, February 18th.
We will meet at Napoli's in Wylie.
701 N Highway 78 # A
Wylie, TX 75098
For the dinner portion of the meeting, we will be in the meeting room between 5:45 and 7:00 for food and fellowship. The meeting will begin at 7:00 PM and run until about 9:00.
Under the new Texas Open Carry Law, you could be committing an offence if you remove your pistol from its holster while open carrying. While at Napoli’s DO NOT remove your pistol from its holster unless it is an emergency.
Member Don Bridges has volunteered his shop for the meeting. There are a very limited number of chairs at the shop, so please bring a camp chair for the meeting. We will meet there from 7:00 (ish) until 9:00 (ish)
The address is:
2274 EAST Brown Street in Wylie
While heading east on Brown Street, it is 1/2 mile past stop sign that's at the intersection of Brown Street and Kreymer Lane on the right hand side.
The shop is behind a small white house with a picket fence around the front yard.
Meeting gun topics:
· Remember when you could go into any hardware store, Wal-Mart or sporting goods store and simply ignore the piles of .22 Long Rifle ammo sitting on the shelf? Those days are long gone but part of the reason is the staggering number of choices in .22LR firearms available today. Dig in through your collection and bring any .22 that you have to share with the club.
· Do you have a single action anything? A Single Action Army, 1911 or external hammered 12 gauge coach gun? Bring any single action anything to share with the club.
Additional discussion topics / guests:
· Brian Hutcheson is running for Justice of the Peace for JP District 2. He has asked to speak with the club.
· Member Keith Stephens has been in contact with Wylie Police Department and if the Chief of Police is available he has asked for time to speak with the club.
· With the primary season coming up quickly, if you know any candidates that would like to talk to the club, please have their offices contact us at CARGO@att.net
· This is an excellent 30.06 / 30.07 resource: https://www.texas3006.com/map.php
If you have any suggestions for future speakers or topics please send your feedback to CARGO@att.net.
When was the last time you visited our web site? Please take some time to go to the CARGO website at www.cargogunclub.org
This newsletter in it's entirety is in pdf format:
Please download it here: