If for some reason, you no longer wish to receive these e-mails please accept our apologies and respond to this message with REMOVE in the subject line and we will remove your name from the mailing list.
Citizens Association for Responsible Gun Ownership = CARGO
Hello Fellow CARGO Members,
The next meeting will be held at Napoli’s on Thursday, January 21st.
We will meet at Napoli's in Wylie.
701 N Highway 78 # A
Wylie, TX 75098
For the dinner portion of the meeting, we will be in the meeting room between 5:45 and 7:00 for food and fellowship. The meeting will begin at 7:00 PM and run until about 9:00.
Member Don Bridges has volunteered his shop for the meeting. There are a very limited number of chairs at the shop, so please bring a camp chair for the meeting. We will meet there from 7:00 (ish) until 9:00 (ish)
The address is:
2274 EAST Brown Street in Wylie
While heading east on Brown Street, it is 1/2 mile past stop sign that's at the intersection of Brown Street and Kreymer Lane on the right hand side.
The shop is behind a small white house with a picket fence around the front yard.
Meeting gun topics:
· Open carry rigs. Open Carry is finally here in Texas. If you were to open carry, what would it be? Please bring your open carry pistol, holster etc. to the meeting. PLEASE REMEMBER: Under the new Texas Open Carry Law, you could be committing an offence if you remove your pistol from its holster while open carrying. While at Napoli’s DO NOT remove your pistol from its holster unless it is an emergency.
· The AR15 is the rifle of the 2000s so far, but there are other choices. Do you have a non-AR pattern rifle that you feel fills the same role as the AR? If so, bring it along and share… semi autos: Springfield M1A1, AK, HK, Galil, Tavor, FN P series or maybe a bolt rifle like a Scout Rifle, etc.
· It is now time for CARGO elections.
o Please take a few moments to decide if you would like to run for an office within the club.
o We have 4 positions on the ballot, President, Vice-President, Secretary / Treasurer and Safety Officer.
o If you would like to be placed on the ballot please email firstname.lastname@example.org to be included on the printed ballot, otherwise you can talk to the club and be added at the meeting.
o If you want to vote but cannot attend the meeting, please send an email to email@example.com before 5:00 PM Thursday January 21st.
Additional discussion topics / guests:
· Member Keith Stephens has been in contact with Wylie Police Department and if the Chief of Police is available he has asked for time to speak with the club.
· With the primary season coming up quickly, if you know any candidates that would like to talk to the club, please have their offices contact us at CARGO@att.net
If you have any suggestions for future speakers or topics please send your feedback to CARGO@att.net.
When was the last time you visited our web site? Please take some time to go to the CARGO website at www.cargogunclub.org
This newsletter in it's entirety and the ballot are in pdf format:
Please download them here: