If for some reason, you no longer wish to receive these e-mails please accept our apologies and respond to this message with REMOVE in the subject line and we will remove your name from the mailing list.
Citizens Association for Responsible Gun Ownership = CARGO
Hello Fellow CARGO Members,
The next meeting will be held at Napoli’s on Thursday, October 20th
We will meet at Napoli's in Wylie.
701 N Highway 78 # A
Wylie, TX 75098
For the dinner portion of the meeting, we will be in the meeting room between 5:45 and 7:00 for food and fellowship. The meeting will begin at 7:00 PM and run until about 9:00.
Under the new Texas Open Carry Law, you could be committing an offence if you remove your pistol from its holster while open carrying. While at Napoli’s DO NOT remove your pistol from its holster unless it is an emergency.
Member Don Bridges has volunteered his shop for the meeting. There are a very limited number of chairs at the shop, so please bring a camp chair for the meeting. We will meet there from 7:00 (ish) until 9:00 (ish)
The address is:
2274 EAST Brown Street in Wylie
While heading east on Brown Street, it is 1/2 mile past stop sign that's at the intersection of Brown Street and Kreymer Lane on the right hand side.
The shop is behind a small white house with a picket fence around the front yard.
Meeting gun topics:
· What firearm have you shot the most rounds through? Do you have a .22 with 10,000 plus rounds through it, or a shotgun that you have shot case upon case of shells through? A 1911 that has seen 20, 000 rounds? Bring the firearm and the stories to go with them.
· Fall is near and that could mean that you are going to changing your concealed carry pistol. Share what you are going to move to when the weather cools down.
· Firearms require maintenance and cleaning from time to time and a pair of pliers doesn’t actually work on many of the special fittings associated with them. Do you have a great tool, cleaning kit, cleaning product that you swear by? Bring it to the meeting to share with the rest of the club.
· And as always, does anyone have something new, old or special in your collection? Bring it to the meeting.
Non Gun topics:
· The election is just under 3 weeks away and early voting starts soon. There are pro-2nd amendment choices in almost every race on the ballot. Have you taken the time to explore the 2nd amendment stance of people on the ballot that you will receive?
If you have any suggestions for future speakers or topics please send your feedback to CARGO@att.net.
When was the last time you visited our web site? Please take some time to go to the CARGO website at www.cargogunclub.org
This newsletter in it's entirety is in pdf format:
Please download it here: